General Data Protection Regulation
Privacy Statement for Tuskbond Adhesive Products c/o Sanglier Limited
Sanglier Limited are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected with information which you provide to us only being used in accordance with this privacy statement. This information can be found on our web site www.tuskbond.uk.
Your personal data is information about you, either directly identifying you or data that can be put together with other data to identify you. Sanglier Limited are the data controller of this information. The data protection statement tells you how we’ll use your personal data. Should you have any queries regarding the information we use, please contact Sanglier Ltd, Shelley Close, Lowmoor Business Park, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 7JZ.
Types of personal data collected and used
When you apply to open an account with us, we’ll use your personal data for the reasons set out below. Once your account is set up, we will use this information to run your account.
Under the terms of the contract, if you are unable to provide us with the data requested, we may not be able to perform our side of the contract which could result in us having to cancel a product or service. You are free at any time to change your mind about the consent.
Most of the personal data will be collected from you at the initial stage of setting up your account, but additional personal data may be collected from other sources.
The personal data we use may include:
- Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. Address, Email Address, Telephone Numbers, Contact Names).
- Information on electoral roll, court records of debt judgements, bankruptcies and other publicly available sources as well as information on any financial associates you may have (where relevant).
- Banking details for payment purposes.
- Personal data on any contacts named on your application. Contacts must have agreed for you to give us their personal data and you must have shared this data protection statement with them beforehand, together with details of what you’ve agreed on their behalf.
- Credit reference names and addresses are requested on opening an account.
Some of the personal data requested will be optional. This will be clearly highlighted on request.
What we do with the information gathered
- Internal record keeping.
- Improve our products and services.
- We may require to contact you on the details given (including telephone, email and address) regarding purposes such as orders and product queries, news and information, new products and offers. Please note that contact will always be relevant and something we believe will benefit you.
Based on your consent:
- Marketing purposes such as email campaigns.
- Disclosing your personal data to other people or organisations such as a company with whom you wish to open a trading relationship, a company handling a claim on your behalf, or otherwise agree to disclosures.
- Disclosing your contact details if you have agreed to be listed as a Tuskbond Distributor.
Sharing your personal data:
If the relevant data protection law allows, we may share your personal data with:
- Companies acting on our behalf or who help us provide our products and services.
- Companies and other persons providing services to us.
- Listing your contact details on or company website, marketing material or distributing this to prospects if you’ve agreed to be listed as a Tuskbond Distributor.
- Our legal and other professional advisors, including our auditors.
- Other organisations who use shared databases for income verification and affordability checks and to manage or collect money owed.
- Government bodies and agencies in the UK and overseas.
- Courts to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice.
- ln an emergency or to otherwise protect your vital interests.
- To protect the security or integrity of our business operations.
- To other parties linked with your account.
- Should Sanglier Ltd restructure or sell our business or assets, have a merger or re- organisation.
- Market research organisations who help to improve our products or services.
- Payment systems to operate your account and for regulatory purposes, to deal with transactions.
- Anyone else where we have your consent or where it is required by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used and to help us analyse data
about web page traffic, in order to improve our website and tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes only, which is then removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful. A cookie does not allow us to access your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if this is preferred. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website features.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. If you select these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that website and can therefore not be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting the site. It is advised to check the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Sanglier Ltd – Employees
Employees’ personal data is kept secure and is maintained by Sanglier Ltd. Stored data includes the following information:
- Date of birth
- Education and qualifications
- Work experience
- National Insurance number
- Tax code
- Details of any known disability
- Copy of passport
- Emergency contact details
Additional information retained by Sanglier Ltd:
- Employment history with the organisation.
- Employment terms and conditions (e.g. pay, hours of work, holidays, benefits, absence).
- Any accidents connected with work.
- Any training undertaken.
- Any disciplinary action.
Sanglier Ltd will inform their employees:
- What records are kept and how they’re used.
- The confidentiality of the records.
- How these records can help with their training and development at work.
If an employee asks to find out what data is kept on them, Sanglier Ltd will have 30 days to provide a copy of the information.
Should an employee leave Sanglier Ltd, personal data of that employee will be kept for 3 years. The rules on data protection will be adhered to.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals
- The right to be informed
Sanglier Ltd will provide individuals with information including: purposes for processing their personal data, retention periods for that personal data, and who it will be shared with. This is referred to as privacy information.
- The right of access
The right of access allows individuals to be aware of the legality of the processing:
- Confirmation that their data is being processed.
- Access to their personal data.
- Additional information – this largely corresponds to the information that should be provided in a privacy notice.
- The right of modification
The GDPR includes the right for individuals to have inaccurate personal data rectified and completed.
- The right to erasure
The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. GDPR introduces a right for individuals to have personal data erased. Individuals can make a request for erasure verbally or written. Sanglier Ltd then have one month to respond to a request. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing
Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. This only applies in certain circumstances and is not an absolute right. When processing is restricted, Sanglier Ltd will be permitted to store the personal data, but not use it.
An individual can make a request for restriction verbally or written, which Sanglier Ltd will then have30 days to respond to.
- The right to data portability
The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. This allows data to be moved, copied or transferred in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.
- The right to object
Individuals have the right to object to-
a) Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest of official authority (including profiling).
b) Direct marketing (including profiling).
c) Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Sanglier Ltd can only carry out this type of decision making where the decision is-
a) Necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract.
b) Authorised by Union or Member state law applicable to the controller. c) Based on the individual’s explicit consent.